Utterly irritated by the amount of time available to me, while still feeling there’s no time for anything. I feel forced to rethink what I wish to do with my time. What things do I need to do? What sort of things can I do to make life fun and interesting? What can I do to better myself as a person? And the start of a new year is a great way to stand still and see what my intentions were the last couple of years, and learn from it. Some stuff that I wanted to do I neglected, or couldn’t do. Some things I have done and feel proud of, and perhaps wish to continue to do. And together with what’s currently playing on my mind I think it’s fun to make a bit of a list and give myself time.
This is not a todo list, this is not a weekly schedule. The items are not mandatory, nor will I ‘fail’ if I don’t achieve everything on the list. It’s a mental guide more than anything. Perhaps I would like to write stories-, draw on paper-, read a book-, or play guitar each day. I know I won’t do all of that each single day. There’s always something that’s in the way. I rather write on my list ‘Be more creative’, and think to myself ‘almost each day’, and perhaps one day it will be to play guitar, whereas the day after I pick up a chapter from a book again. What I do in about twelve months from now is look back at 2014 and perhaps think to myself: “I wanted to be more creative, and I have.. I play more guitar, I read and write more, etc. Compared to 2013.” Anyway, let’s get to the list.
- Learn another language
- Take a take picture or video
- Organize the data on my systems
- Walk or bike every other day
- Work on mrfloris.com, including creating content
- Learn another programming language
- Pick up watching television and movies again
- Write or draw every other day
- Add more consistency to keeping the apartment clean
- Learn a new song on the guitar every other day
- Get rid of ‘something’ once a month
- Get something ‘new’ once a month
- Improve handwriting by keeping an offline journal
- Look into alternative living arrangements
- Practise Zazen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zazen) and avoid stress in life
- Travel, internationally, when possible
- Get my Vitamin D in the 50-70 ng/mL range (currently unknown, see doctor)
- Look at http://mrfloris.com/article/1951/update-on-nyr-2013/ once in a while.
Let’s make the best of 2014, and I am starting with optimism.