Well, things kinda got out of hand at Sasha’s birthday party yesterday. I will let the pictures do the talking:
What actually happened: Today I was about to go to bed when I heard the sirens from the fire trucks. I decided to double check before falling asleep and as it turned out: There actually was a fire. A storage unit downstairs caught fire somehow, causing major damage to that whole area as well as the first floor. It took them a bit to get it out. There was loads of smoke as you can see in the video.
I got dressed properly while calling my parents to inform them I might need a ride due to a fire. I got my coat with my ID, and put the cat in the travel box and then went to check if we had to leave the flat. We didn’t. Only the first few floors (I am on 8th).
To my knowledge nobody got hurt, hopefully that is the case. This weekend we will check what the damage to my storage unit is and deal with insurance, etc.
[update] beep beep beep, update! Someone did get hurt, but treated locally. According to todays local newspaper:
Disclaimer: My cat did not cause the fire, I just thought it would make for a fun little video as a follow up on posting about her 9th birthday yesterday.